" By George, I think she's got it!" yells an exuberant Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady. But many a Broadway musical has had a George mentioned in a line or lyric. See if you can identify the songs and shows that included George.
1. "Who was at the zoo, George? The monkeys and who, George?"
2. "Just a moment here, George: Do you ever wonder whether you're real?"
3. "Late with the rent? Watch Bette Davis run out on George Brett."
4. "Hated the name George. Born in Dublin in 1856. Dramatist, literary and music critic, socialist spokesman, showman, controversialist and a leading figure in the 20th century theatre."
5."He was last seen with his friend, a drummer. He resembles George Harrison of the Beatles."
6. "Said George Pal to his bride, I'm going to give you some terrible thrills."
7. "Give me that old mainstem and a song by the great George M."
8. "Your hair is only for now. George Bush is only for now."
9. "I'm not suggesting he isn't A-1. He has a character like George Washington."
10. "If it wasn't for George the Third, would there be a fourth of July?"
11. "Why can't you listen and come to your senses? It's George. I really love George."
12. "The King has sold her lover to far away province of O-hee-o. Lover's name is George."
13. "Georgie Jessel, Duke of Windsor, Casanova, Ezio Pinza."
14. "By George! By George! Oh, if I had a house. and I had a lot, and if I had a lot of things which I haven't got."
15. Come on George, tell us the truth: Do you sleep with boys or not?"
ANSWERS (TO BE GIVEN NEXT WEEK)